First of all, I have a huge lessssbian crush on Miss Deschanel. She sings, she’s quirky, fun and filled to the brim with awesomeness. My love for her has blossomed, since 2003’s Elf, into a red lotus flower. Obviously I don’t know her personally but over the past few years her “act” has been consistent so it must be real. Right? Right. And everyone loves a girl who can make fun of herself.
Now that is out of the way, here are six reasons why you should watch New Girl on FOX:
- It stars Zooey Deschanel (duh) as the main character, Jess.
- The writing is hilarious. See for yourself: “I like to improvise with my body. I’m like a sexual snowflake – each night with me is a unique experience.” – Schmidt
- The writer is a woman, Elizabeth Meriwether. (Funny women! Yes!!)
- How often does a girl break up with her boyfriend and move in with three guys??….Rarely.
- More than 1,800,000 people like New Girl on Facebook. It’s ok to believe the hype sometimes.
- (Last but not least) It has been nominated for many awards including the Golden Globes Awards, People’s Choice Awards, and Primetime Emmys.